|20 min||25 min||4|
|1 large||Rutabaga, Swedish turnip, raw|
|2 tbsp||Avocado oil|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|1/2 tsp||Himalayan sea salt|
|1/4 tsp||Ground cloves (optional)|
1. First, preheat the oven to 450°F / 225°C. Wash and peel the rutabaga.
2. Cut them into spears about 1/4 inch / 1/2 cm wide (or even less for crisping them up). Place the fries into a bowl and remove any excess water using a paper towel.
3. In a small bowl, mix the oil, paprika, salt, pepper and ground cloves (if used).
4. Pour the oil mixture over the fries evenly and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure the tray is not overcrowded and use two of them if needed.
5. Cook for 25-35 minutes (it depends on how thick you cut them). Check the fries regularly and turn the baking tray a couple of times to make sure they are evenly cooked.
is high in antioxidants and an excellent source of fibre which promotes bowel health!