|5 min||10 min||5|
|2 can, drained||Salmon, sockeye (red), canned, drained (wild caught)|
|3/4 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill ((or oat flour))|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|1 large pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (diced)|
|1 tbsp||Dill, dried ((or fresh))|
|1 tbsp||Green onion, scallion, ramp|
|1 tsp||Chipotle seasoning, Dean Jacob's (or favourite brand)|
|1 tbsp||Lime juice (fresh)|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|2 tbsp||Avocado oil (for topping, mashed or sliced)|
1. In a large bowl, combine salmon, almond meal, eggs, bell pepper, cilantro, scallions, salt, cumin, chipotle, and lime juice.
2. Form mixture into 2-inch patties. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 4-6 minutes per side or until golden brown.
3. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate & serve.
4. Serve with 1 slice toasted bread and a side of steamed broccoli.
5. You can mash avocado on gluten-free toast or make an avocado sauce in a blender/food processor with avocado, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.
For an even easier version, try Salmon Dill Burgers:
Forget all the veggies & spices. Use 1/2 cup almond meal/ flour, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill, and only 1/2 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate cooked burgers for 3 days.
To make Paleo - serve with a side salad or lightly roasted vegetables (NO grains!)