|20 min||0 min||1|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|57 gm||Green/yellow string beans, raw (stem end trimmed)|
|1 can||Sardine, canned in oil, drained (boneless, skinless, drained)|
|3 leaf||Lettuce, romaine (2-3 leaves, cut into bite size pieces)|
|1/2 medium||Tomato (quartered)|
|1 large egg||Egg (hard boiled, quartered)|
|1/4 cup whole||Black olives (packed only in water and salt)|
|1/4 cup||Cucumber (slices, cut into half moons)|
|1 tsp||Oregano, fresh (to taste - finely minced)|
|1 stalk(s)||Chives (to taste - finely minced)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice (for vinaigrette)|
|6 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for vinaigrette)|
|2 anchovy||Anchovy (for vinaigrette - fillets, finely minced)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (for vinaigrette - to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (for vinaigrette - to taste)|
1. In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil and blanch green beans just until bright green and tender crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain green beans and rinse under cold water for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Put the vinaigrette ingredients into a container with a lid, shake well. Refrigerate unused portion.
3. Arrange around a platter in separate mounds, the tomatoes, green beans, lettuce, hard boiled egg, cucumbers and olives.
4. Place sardines in the middle of the platter and garnish with fresh herbs.
5. Drizzle salad with the Anchovy Vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Hard Boiled Eggs - Place eggs in a pot of cold water, covered over 1 inch above eggs. Bring eggs to a rolling boil, turn off heat and cover for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat, run under cold water and peel. Then prep as per recipe instructions.
are a great source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids!
are high in protein and contain important B vitamins!