|0 min||0 min||1|
|1 tbsp||Sauerkraut (up to 1 tbsp for lunch & dinner to support gut flora & digestion of the food you are eating)|
1. Buy sauerkraut or other pickled fermented veggies that contains only water, sea salt & spices/herbs.
NO VINEGAR or Hot Peppers - read the label carefully!!
Why pickled fermented salt based sauerkraut or other salt pickled foods?
The beneficial probiotic bacteria found in salt-based sauerkraut and other salt-based pickled veggies generally creates long-lasting colonies of positive gut bacteria in one's intestines. The biggest health benefit is improved digestion. Yahoo!!
If you decide you'd like to try eating fermented foods to increase your health here are some things to think about:
1. You are introducing a new microbiome(s) into your digestive tract, which can cause so gas or
grumbling at the beginning as your gut adjusts to creating this new microbiome.
So start with a small amount and slowly build up.
A quarter of a teaspoon with 1-2 meals a day and after 3-4 days if everything feels good
increase to a 1/2 teaspoon wait 3-4 days and
if everything feels good increase to 1 tsp.
Keep repeating to a maximum of 1 tablespoon.
Eat between 1/2 tsp - 1 tablespoon 2x a day with a meal.
2. Most fermented foods are heavily salted (with sea salt),
so you may need to eat smaller quantities due to your health condition.
3. Different companies produce different healthy microbiome bacteria through their fermentation
process as the veggies are grown in different nutrient-rich soil and they use different types of sea salt.
So each jar produces a slightly different healthy bacteria.
4. I recommend have at least two different types of fermented foods per day so you get a wider variety of
healthy bacteria to support your gut microbiome.
Here's some probiotic-rich fermented foods:
miso, tempeh, tamari, pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi, natto (fermented soybeans), pickled beets, pickled carrots
Here's some of my favorite fermented pickled foods company:
I am not getting any commission from the below companies.
Just sharing with you what I enjoy.
These foods are found in the refrigerated part of the grocery store and need to be kept refrigerated.
5. This is only one part of eating in a style that helps build and support one's health.
So adding in fermented foods can help, although it will not be a cure-all
if the rest of the person's daily eating and emotions are unbalanced and stressed.