|10 min||30 min||5|
|1 medium||Carrots (peeled, diced)|
|1 medium stalk(s)||Celery (diced)|
|2 can (15oz)||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|1 3/4 can(s) (16 oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|2 link||Italian sausage, turkey (casings removed)|
|1/2 tsp||Italian herb seasoning, McCormick|
|1/4 cup||Quinoa, uncooked|
|2 cup||Spinach (packed)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium. Crumble in sausage meat (remove from casing).
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 min.
3. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to pan. Cook until onion starts to soften, about 3 min.
4. Add tomatoes, broth, quinoa and Italian seasoning.
5. Gently boil until quinoa is cooked, about 20 min.
6. Stir in spinach until just wilted, about 1 min.
Serve and enjoy!
is a complete protein and an excellent source of fibre!
is a great source of iron and B vitmains