|5 min||15 min||4|
|1 cup||Beef broth (stock)|
|340 gm||Beef loin steak, lean|
|4 cup||Broccoli, raw (florets cut into small pieces, stalks peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice)|
|2 cup||Brown rice, long-grain, dry|
|3 tsp||Cornstarch (divided)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|4 stalk(s)||Green onion (finely chopped)|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|3 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
1. Cook rice as directed on package.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add beef, and sprinkle with the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a plate.
3. Add scallions and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until golden, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and 1/2 cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is dry, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir together broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl, and add to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is no longer cloudy, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Return beef and any juices to pan; cook, stirring often, until beef is heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in sesame oil. Serve with rice.
is a great source of protein and is high in B12