|15 min||20 min||4|
|2 tsp||Chili powder|
|1 1/2 tsp||Cumin|
|1/2 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (cored and sliced into strips)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Yellow bell pepper (cored and sliced into strips)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Green bell pepper (cored and sliced into strips)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (halved and sliced from top to root)|
|681 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips (slice extra wide strips in half))|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|8 small tortilla(s)||Wheat flour tortilla|
|2 tbsp||Lime juice (fresh)|
|3 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander)|
|2 avocado(s)||Avocado (mashed)|
|2 medium||Tomato (chopped)|
|1 cup shredded||Mexican cheese blend|
|4 tbsp||Sour cream, light|
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray a large rimmed sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. For the seasoning: in a small mixing bowl whisk together chili powders, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper, set aside.
3. For the fajitas filling: Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto baking sheet. Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips. Drizzle olive oil over top then toss everything to evenly coat.
4. Spread into an even layer working to keep chicken from overlapping. Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 - 25 minutes (test a few of the larger pieces to make sure they are 165F in the center, careful not to over-bake it or the chicken may be dry).
5. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
6. Drizzle lime juice evenly over top of the chicken fajita filling, sprinkle with cilantro and more salt to taste and toss to coat. Serve filling warm in warm tortillas with avocado, tomato, cheese, sour cream and other desired toppings.
Never eat poultry that is raw, or not cooked through. Internal temperature of chicken breast pieces should be 165F or 74C degrees.
Use vegan sour cream and shredded cheese such as Daiya.
High in lean protein, it helps to build muscle and boost metabolism.
One of the richest sources of vitamin C, as well as various antioxidants.