Signature Steak Salad
Beef loin steak, lean
(trimmed of excess fat, halved crosswise)
Extra virgin olive oil
Roasted red peppers, canned
1. For stovetop:
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high to high and add olive oil.
- When oil begins to simmer, place steak in skillet and do not move for 5 minutes.
- Turn it once, and cook for another 3 minutes to medium-rare (or more or less depending on preference).
2. On a grill:
- Prepare a grill for direct-heat cooking over hot charcoal or high heat for gas.
- Oil grill rack, then grill steak, covered only if using a gas grill, turning once, 4 to 6 minutes total for medium-rare.
3. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest, loosely covered with foil, for five minutes.
4. Arrange arugula on a platter. Thinly slice steak on the diagonal, across the grain.
5. Arrange over arugula, then toss remaining ingredients on top. Drizzle dressing on top and serve.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat
is a good source of B12 which is important in keeping homocysteine in a healthy range!
T28 Challenge by Krisitine Peacock