|2 min||10 min||1|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp shredded||Cheddar cheese|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then beat well with a fork until fully combined.
2. Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up.
3. Grate the cheese onto a board and set aside.
4. Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the hot pan, then carefully pour in the eggs.
5. Tilt the pan to spread them out evenly, using a fork to swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
6. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the cheese.
7. Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half.
8. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette onto a plate. .
Delicious with a tomato salad and wholemeal bread