|5 min||15 min||4|
|681 gm||New York striploin, steak (medium to large sized filet)|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt (or to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (or to taste)|
|8 small tortilla(s)||Tortilla, corn (organic)|
|2 cup slices||Avocado|
|1 fruit||Lime (quartered)|
|2 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander) (minced)|
1. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. For the steak: in a glass bowl or dish add olive oil, salt and pepper to the steak fillet, turning until the entire steak is covered. Add steak to the pan and cook approximately 5 minutes each side. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Slice the cooled steak.
3. For the tortillas: to the hot pan, add the corn tortillas to warm slightly, approximately 30 seconds each side. Wrap the warm tortillas in a clean dish towel until we are ready to plate.
4. To plate: place two tortillas on each plate. Divide the steak onto each tortilla. Divide avocado slices between the tortillas and a sprinkle of cilantro. Squeeze some lime juice.
5. Optional: serve with guacamole, pico de gallo and fresh salsa's for an authentic taco experience. See notes.
This recipe does not rate very high on the health rating, but when you add fresh pico de gallo, salsa and/or guacamole you improve the health rating.
A great healthy compliment to this dish would be a fresh garden salad.
Food for Life organic sprouted corn tortillas are a wonderful healthier option.