1. Season the raw chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
3. When skillet and oil are hot, place the chicken in the skillet.
4. Cook the chicken on one side until browned, flip the chicken and cook 3 more minutes.
5. Add the garlic and the mushrooms to the pan and stir to combine.
6. Work the mushrooms under the chicken, so the chicken is sitting on top of the mushrooms.
7. Cook this for 5 minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften. Add the vinaigrette, broth, bay leaf and thyme.
8. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
9. Uncover the skillet and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes to thicken the sauce slightly.