|20 min||12 min||2|
|2 steak(s)||Beef, rib eye steak, lean|
|2 tbsp||Butter, grass-fed, salted|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|1 dash||Kosher salt|
|5 sprig||Thyme, fresh|
1. Bring filets to room temperature.
2. Turn steak onto its flattest edge. Find the middle of the thickness and gently slice through the rounded side of the meat. Only cut ¾ of the way through.
3. Let each side of the meat fall to either side and carefully continue slicing until meat is the same thickness all the way across the filet.
4. Place cast iron skillet on stove top and turn heat up to high.
5. Add salt and pepper to both sides of filets.
6. Once pan is hot, drop steaks into pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side (for medium rare). Add 2 minutes per side for every level of doneness beyond medium rare.
7. Once crust has formed on second side, add butter to pan. While it is melting, add thyme and garlic to pan.
8. Swirl butter around pan to coat undersides of meat.
9. Tilt pan and spoon melted butter over top of the steaks.
10. Move the garlic cloves into the melted butter to add even more garlic flavour to the steaks.
11. Remove pan from heat and place filets on a large plate.
12. Let rest for 10 minutes, so that the juices can re-distribute in the meat.
Serve and enjoy!
is a great source of protein and vitamin B12!