|10 min||3 h||6|
|681 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|1 cup||Quinoa, uncooked (prepare as per package directions)|
|2 cup||Beef broth (stock) (or chicken broth)|
|1/4 cup||Granulated sugar|
|113 ml||Soy sauce, low sodium (about 1/3 cup and 2 tbsp)|
|4 tbsp||Rice vinegar|
|1/4 tsp||Ginger, ground|
|3/4 tsp||Garlic (minced)|
|1/8 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Green bell pepper|
|1 can (15oz)||Pineapple, canned (drained)|
|1 tbsp||Cornstarch (optional)|
1. Remove the fat from the boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut into large pieces.
2. Add in the quinoa (rinse first to remove the bitter tasting saponin coating) and beef broth.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, white sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ground ginger, minced garlic, and pepper until well combined.
4. Pour over everything. Chop the peppers and stir in.
5. Put on HIGH for 2 and 1/2 - 3 and 1/2 hours depending on your slow cooker.
6. Shred the chicken (it will absorb a great deal of the liquid) and pour in the drained pineapple chunks.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Pour in the crockpot and give everything a good stir. This is optional just for thickness.
8. Serve with sesame seeds and a chopped green onion if desired.