|10 min||4 h||4|
|1/2 cup||Coconut milk|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (peeled, grated)|
|2 piece, 1-inch||Ginger root (grated)|
|2 piece, 1-inch||Turmeric root (grated)|
|1 small bird||Whole Chicken (organic)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|2 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped, for garnish)|
1. In the bottom of your slow cooker, mix together the coconut milk, garlic, ginger and turmeric.
2. Season the chicken liberally with sea salt and pepper, making sure to season inside the cavity.
3. Place the bird in the slow cooker and spoon the coconut milk mixture down over it.
4. Pop the lid on and let it cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
5. When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker. Pull the meat of the bone, shred it and place it back in the slow cooker. Reserve the bones for stock.
6. Stir the meat around in the sauce. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
7. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, cauliflower puree, or by itself with a side of green beans or broccoli. Enjoy!
To make AIP friendly omit black pepper.
Never eat poultry that is raw, or not cooked through. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165F or 74C degrees.
High in lean protein, it helps to build muscle and boost metabolism.
High anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.