|15 min||6 h||12|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, lean|
|454 gm||Turkey sausage, lean (ground or in casing)|
|1 tsp, ground||Basil, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Rosemary, dried|
|1/2 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Onion powder|
|1/2 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1/2 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|1 medium egg||Egg (beaten)|
|1 can(24oz)||Crushed tomatoes canned|
|1/2 large||White onion (quartered)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (crushed)|
|2 tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
1. Begin by heating a large skillet to medium high.
2. In a large bowl, mix together both ground turkey and sausage until well blended.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix together basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and almond meal. Add mixture to the meat.
4. With your hands, mix together the spices and meat until well incorporated. Add in beaten egg and continue to mix well.
5. Form meat mixture into large meatballs (about 1.5-2 inches in diameter).
6. Grease a skillet, and add meatballs. Cook each meatball about 1 minute per side until the meat is browned (but not cooked through). Add meatballs to slow cooker.
7. Top meatballs with tomatoes, onion, garlic, and vinegar.
8. Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
9. Serve plain with fresh basil, or with spaghetti squash.
is an excellent source of lean protein and is rich in potassium and zinc!