|25 min||5 h||8|
|3 pepper||Ancho, poblano, pepper|
|3 pepper(s)||Pasilla pepper, dried|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (unpeeled)|
|2 chile||Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, La Costena|
|1/2 medium||White onion (roughly chopped)|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 pinch||Kosher salt|
|2 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|3 3/4 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1 3/4 kg||Pork shoulder, whole, lean (boneless, cut into chunks)|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|2 leaf||Bay leaf|
|8 medium tortilla(s)||Tortilla, corn|
1. Add the chipotles, onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt and the oregano to the blender; puree until smooth.
2. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat; add the chile sauce and fry, stirring, until thick and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Pour in the broth and reduce until slightly thickened.
3. Season the pork all over with salt and pepper and transfer to a large slow cooker.
4. Add the bay leaves and cinnamon stick, then pour in the sauce.
5. Cover and cook on high until the meat is tender, about 5 hours.
(Or cook the meat in a large Dutch oven, covered, for 1 hour 45 minutes at 350 degrees; uncover and cook 30 more minutes.)
6. Discard the bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Shred the pork with 2 forks; season with salt and pepper. Serve the shredded pork in the tortillas, along with desired toppings.
To make this recipe Grain-Free - serve pork on lettuce wraps