|4 h 20 min||5 h||8|
|1 tsp||Butter, grass fed, unsalted|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (rinsed and drained)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (chopped)|
|1/2 cup||White onion (finely chopped)|
|4 cup shredded||Frozen hashed brown potato, plain|
|1 cup||Sweet yellow corn|
|1 1/2 cup||Sargento Mexican Cheese Blend, reduced fat|
|3 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander)|
|8 large egg||Egg|
|1 can (12oz)||Evaporated Milk, Fat Free|
|1 tsp||All-Purpose Salt Free Seasoning Salt, McCormick|
|1/4 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
1. Grease the inside of your slow cooker insert with a tsp of butter.
2. In a large bowl, combine the black beans, bell pepper, onion, hash brown potatoes, corn, cheese and cilantro. Stir well and then dump in the slow cooker.
3. In the same bowl beat together the eggs, milk, seasoning and cayenne pepper. Pour mixture over the black bean and hash brown potato mixture in the slow cooker.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. When you're ready to cook the casserole, transfer the slow cooker insert to the slow cooker base.
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours, or until eggs are set and the edges are browned.
7. Uncover, being careful not to let the condensation in the lid drip back into the slow cooker. Turn off the slow cooker and let the casserole sit, uncovered, for 15 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 5 to 6-Quart.
This is a great dish to prep on a Sunday for the week. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Weight Watchers Friendly
7WWPP; 8 WWSP
Find PointsPlus and SmartPoints details by clicking the link to Simple Nourished Living.