|30 min||9 h||8|
|2 cup chopped||Tomato (can use canned crushed tomatoes)|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, drained (rinsed)|
|1 cup chopped||Carrots (peeled, about 4 medium carrots)|
|2 medium potato(s)||Red potato (peeled and chopped about 1 1/2 cups)|
|2 medium||White onion (chopped, about 1 cup)|
|2 large stalk(s)||Celery (chopped, about 1 cup)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (chopped)|
|1 large pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (chopped, about 1 cup)|
|1 medium||Zucchini (chopped, about 1 1/2 cup)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|1/2 cup||White rice, long-grain, dry|
|1 cup||Basil, fresh (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (1-2 tbsp for serving, if desired)|
1. Combine the tomatoes, garbanzo beans, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, garlic, bell pepper, zucchini, water, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste, stirring well.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 - 9 hours or on HIGH for 4 - 5 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in the rice. Cover and cook on HIGH, 30 minutes longer, or until the rice is tender and the soup is thick.
4. Stir in the basil and let the soup cool to room temperature.
5. Taste and add more salt and pepper to suit your tastes. Spoon into bowls. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of Parmesan if desired.
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 5 to 6-Quart.
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for serving if desired.
* Weight Watchers Friendly
5 WWPP; 3 WWSP