|15 min||6 h||8|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 cup sliced||Yellow onion|
|341 gm||Ground turkey, lean (organic)|
|1 cup diced||Celery|
|1 cup chopped||Carrots|
|2 cup||Sweet potato (diced)|
|1 can(s) (16 oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned (undrained)|
|1 cup||Tomato sauce, canned|
|2 tsp||Red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1/2 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|1 can(s) (15 oz)||Red kidney beans, canned, drained (rinsed)|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped for topping)|
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, then add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds longer.
3. Add ground turkey and cook, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour browned ground turkey into slow cooker.
5. Add celery, carrots, sweet potato, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, ½ cup chicken broth, red pepper flakes, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir mixture, cover with lid and cook on low heat for 5 - 6 hours.
7. Add red kidney beans and allow to heat through, about 10 minutes.
8. Top with green onions and enjoy!
is a great source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair
are a great source of fiber which may help to promote healthy digestion!