|10 min||4 h||8|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 1/2 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, dry|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Cumin|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tbsp||Maple syrup, pure|
|6 pepper(s)||Red chili pepper (also chile or chilli)|
|1 can(s) (15oz)||Pinto beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|1 1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
|3 large potato||Sweet potato (peeled, diced)|
|4 cup||Bone broth, Organic (or chicken broth)|
|1/4 cup||Wild rice, dry|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
1. Put the olive oil and the diced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Turn it to high, and let the onions warm in the oil for about five minutes.
2. Add all of the other ingredients except the pinto beans, salt, and pepper. Make sure all of the rice is covered with liquid. Cover and cook on high for three hours.
3. After three hours, remove the lid and add the beans, salt, and pepper. Stir. If it looks like it needs a little more liquid, add some room temperature water and stir.
4. Cover again and cook for another hour.
5. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Add bean during the last hour.
6. Serve with cornbread and enjoy!