|15 min||6 h||6 h 15 min||8|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
|1 medium||Apple (diced)|
|2 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 tsp||Olive oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/4 cup||Indian curry paste (Pataks* see notes)|
|1 medium potato||Sweet potato (peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)|
|2 cup||Cauliflower (florets)|
|2 1/2 cup||Chickpeas, canned, drained|
|1 can(s) (13oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|1 3/4 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, low sodium|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/2 cup||Coconut milk, reduced fat|
|1 1/2 cup||Spinach (chopped)|
1. Prep your onion, apple and ginger and set aside.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion, apple and ginger, and cook until they are tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Transfer the vegetable and curry mixture to a slow cooker.
4. Add the sweet potato, cauliflower, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
5. Cook on HIGH for 6 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Once the vegetables are soft, stir in the coconut milk and spinach, and heat to soften the spinach. Serve and enjoy! Stores in your fridge for up to a week, and your freezer for 4 weeks.
You can buy Indian Curry paste in the Asian section of your local grocery store. Patak's makes a delicious curry paste.