|15 min||5 h 15 min||5|
|1 medium||White onion (diced)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Jalapeno pepper (seeds and membranes removed and finely diced)|
|2 1/2 tsp||Cumin|
|1 tsp||Oregano, ground|
|1 tsp||Chili powder|
|1 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|1 1/2 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|4 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1 can(s) (13.5 oz)||Coconut milk, sweetened|
|1/2 whole lime(s)||Lime juice (fresh)|
|1/2 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)|
1. Add onion, peppers, garlic and spices (cumin through black pepper) to the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables in a single layer.
3. Add broth and place lid on slow cooker.
4. Set heat to LOW and cook 5-6 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
5. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker.
6. Turn heat to HIGH. Add coconut milk, stir and replace lid. Continue heating an additional 10-15 minutes or until soup is heated through.
7. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
8. Serve in bowls garnished with chopped parsley and lime wedges, if desired.
is a great source of lean protein!
are high in vitamin C which is an antioxidant, important for healthy immunity!