|25 min||20 min||2|
|1 large||Russet potato (peeled, grated)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|114 gm||Goat cheese, soft (at room temperature, for toppings)|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Chives (finely minced, for toppings)|
|1/2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced, for toppings)|
|1/2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon peel (zest) (for toppings)|
|29 gm||Salmon, smoked (for toppings)|
|2 tbsp drained||Capers, canned (for toppings)|
|0.12 small||Red onion (chopped, for toppings)|
|1/2 large egg||Egg (hard boiled, finely chopped, for toppings)|
|1 tbsp||Chives (finely chopped, for toppings)|
1. Assemble toppings
2. Season the chopped red onion and hard-boiled egg with salt.
3. Prepare Potato Tartine:
4. heat oil in an 8-10 inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the grated potato and shape roughly, using a spatula, into a large circle.
5. Press on the mixture with the back of a spoon to compact it, cover, and cook gently for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
6. Flip carefully to the other side and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
7. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool until barely lukewarm or room temperature.
8. Once the potato cake has cooled, spread the goat cheese mixture on the top.
9. Layer the smoked salmon directly over this and sprinkle with the red onion, hard-boiled egg, and capers.
10. Garnish with freshly chopped chives.
11. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.