|15 min||50 min||2|
|1/2 squash||Spaghetti squash (or 1 small squash)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
|171 gm||Ground turkey, lean|
|1 can (26oz)||Marinara pasta sauce|
|1/4 cup, shredded||Cotija cheese, Cacique|
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Wrap each half in foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, until it’s easily pierced with a fork.
3. Meanwhile prepare your sauce. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and saute the onions for 5 minutes. Add the ground turkey and fry until just browned- use the spatula or wooden spoon to break into small pieces.
4. Add the marinara sauce, mix well, reduce to a low simmer, and cook for about 8 more minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Scoop the meat out of the spaghetti squash. Save half for another meal.
6. Top with half of the turkey marinara, saving the other half for another meal as well.
7. Add a handful of cotija cheese, and enjoy!
is a power-packed veggie and is high in fiber