|10 min||20 min||4|
|3/4 cup||Bread crumbs, seasoned (Italian seasoning)|
|1 large egg||Egg white|
|227 gm||Ground turkey, extra lean|
|230 gm||Spaghetti, dry (Enough to make 4 cups of cooked pasta)|
|2 3/4 tbsp||Basil pesto|
|1 dash||Salt (or to taste)|
|2 cup||Tomato sauce, canned (chunky sauce)|
1. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce over bottom of skillet on medium heat.
2. Mix turkey, breadcrumbs, pesto, egg white and salt in medium bowl. Using moistened hands, form mixture into 8 meatballs.
3. Place meatballs in single layer in sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over. Bring to simmer. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta; divide between bowls. Top with meatballs and sauce.
5. Serve with a side of your favorite vegetables.
To make this recipe lighter - use zucchini noodles as your pasta!