|15 min||1 h||1 h 15 min||8|
|1 whole fish||Atlantic salmon, wild (boneless, approx 3 lb)|
|8 beet(s)||Beets, raw (peeled, cut into wedges)|
|3 tbsp||Chives (chopped)|
|2 tsp||Coriander seed (cilantro)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (plus extra as needed)|
|1 1/2 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|3 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
|1/2 tsp||Rosemary, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Place beets on a rimmed baking sheet large enough to hold them in a single layer.
3. Sprinkle with ginger, fine sea salt and 1 tablespoon of the oil; toss to coat.
4. Roast in the middle of the oven, stirring once or twice during cooking, until tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, place black peppercorns in a spice grinder and pulse once or twice until cracked, or place them on a cutting board and crack with a rolling pin.
6. Add coriander seeds, rosemary and coarse sea salt; continue to pulse or crush until the mixture is very coarsely ground.
7. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, oil the paper, and place salmon on top; fold the thin tail section under if the fillet is too large for the baking sheet.
8. Brush salmon with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with peppercorn mixture.
9. After beets have roasted for about 15 minutes, place salmon on the top rack of the oven and roast until just lightly pink in the center, about 15 minutes.
10. Loosen salmon from the parchment with a spatula, then use 2 large spatulas to transfer salmon to a platter. Spoon beets around salmon and sprinkle them with chives and parsley.
To make AIP friendly - Peppercorn and Coriander seeds
is a great source of protein and is high in omega 3's