|15 min||50 min||4|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 medium||White onion (diced)|
|2 tbsp minced||Ginger root (or grated)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|1 dash||Hot pepper (chili) flakes (optional)|
|1/2 tsp||Turmeric, ground (optional)|
|1/2 tsp||Curry powder (optional)|
|3 medium||Carrots (diced)|
|2 medium stalk(s)||Celery (diced)|
|1 cup||Red lentils, raw|
|1 1/2 cup||Bone broth, Organic|
|1 can(s) (13.5 oz)||Coconut milk, sweetened|
|1 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
|2 cup||Spinach (chopped)|
|1/2 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (optional)|
1. Sauté onion in the coconut oil at medium-high heat until translucent, about 8 minutes.
2. Add ginger, garlic, spices, and a splash of liquid if needed. Sauté 1 or 2 minutes.
3. Add the carrot and celery and sauté another couple minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir in lentils and broth or water with half the coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes, until lentil are cooked.
5. Stir in spinach and remaining coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Adjust seasoning if needed. Garnish with cilantro.