|10 min||25 min||4|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, lean (or dark meat)|
|1 small||Zucchini (grated)|
|2 tbsp chopped||Shallots|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 large egg||Egg (whisked)|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|3/4 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1/2 tsp||Hot pepper (chili) flakes|
|1/2 tsp||Fennel seed (crushed)|
|4 leaf||Basil, fresh (garnish)|
|60 ml||Buttermilk, 2% M.F.|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the butter and flavourless coconut oil and basil and mix well. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 12 balls, each about the size of a tangerine.
3. Heat the butter and flavourless coconut oil in a large oven-safe sauté́ pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
4. Place the meatballs in the hot pan, leaving space between them. (Depending on the size of your sauté́ pan, you may need to cook the meatballs in batches.) Cook, using a large spoon to turn the meatballs gently, until brown, about 30 seconds per side. the meatballs will be soft, so turn carefully.
5. Transfer the sauté́ pan to the oven and bake until the meatballs feel firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, garnish with basil or any herb of choice and serve.
Use butter and flavorless coconut oil for cooking
is a great source of lean protein!