|5 min||20 min||4|
|3/4 cup chopped||Shallots|
|1 cup||Jasmine rice, dry|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1/2 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|1 1/2 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, gluten-free|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt (or more, to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (or more, to taste)|
|1/2 tsp||Anise seeds|
1. In a 3-quart saucepan over low heat, cook the shallots in the coconut oil until translucent, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Add in the rice and stir to coat each grain with the oil. Continue to sauté until the rice is translucent, stirring regularly to prevent the rice from burning.
3. Add the turmeric and stir to incorporate.
4. Add the star anise, cinnamon stick, and vegetable stock.
5. Season with salt and pepper, stir well, and bring to a boil.
6. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook undisturbed for 20 minutes.
7. Keeping the pot covered, remove from heat, and let it rest undisturbed for 10 more minutes.
8. Fluff with a fork, adjust seasoning if needed, then serve.