|5 min||15 min||2|
|1 plantain(s)||Plantain, green, raw (green)|
|1/2 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/4 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F with a rack in the center of the oven.
2. Mix all the spices together in a bowl. Peel the plantains with a knife.
3. Slice the plantain into thin slices (about 2mm thick). Place the plantain slices in a mixing bowl.
4. Pour the coconut oil into the bowl and all but ½ tsp. of the spice mix. You’ll use the remaining ½ tsp. once they are cooked.
5. Mix the slices together with the oil and spices until they are coated. Lay the slices out flat onto a baking sheet making sure none are stuck together.
6. Place in the oven and bake for about 7 minutes. Remove the sheet from the oven and flip the chips over one at a time.
7. Place back in the oven and bake for mother 3-5 minutes being sure not to burn the chips.
8. Remove from the oven. Transfer to a bowl and add the rest of the spice mix. Mix well and enjoy. Better than potato chips!