|5 min||20 min||25 min||4|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Garlic (minced)|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Chili paste, Gourmet Garden|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|2/3 tsp||Kosher salt (divided)|
|4 thigh(s)||Chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (cut into pieces)|
|3 spray (about 1/3 second)||Olive oil cooking spray (for BBQ)|
|1/4 cup||Greek yogurt, plain, 2% M.F.|
|1/2 medium pepper(s)||Yellow bell pepper (see notes)|
|12 tomato||Cherry Tomatoes (see notes)|
1. Combine the garlic, cumin. chili paste, olive oil and coriander into a medium-sized mixing bowl, really trying to mix everything evenly together. Stir in a pinch or two of salt, and then pour the entire mixture into a Ziploc plastic bag.
2. Add the chicken to the marinade, and then throw the entire Ziploc back into your refrigerator for at least two hours (but you can go all the way up to overnight if you are preparing this in advance).
3. While your chicken is marinating, make sure that you soak your wooden skewers in water – cold water – for at least 30 minutes. This is going to prevent them from burning.
4. When your chicken is ready, preheat your grill to medium-high and spray it with oil so that the chicken doesn't stick to it.
5. Remove your chicken from the marinade (throwing the marinade out – do not reuse it), and skewer the chicken on each stick.
6. Grill each side for about 4 minutes until they are well done. Serve with the yogurt, salad or anything else you'd like to add to this meal.
Optional: add vegetables such as tomatoes and peppers to the skewers by placing 1 vegetable piece in between each chicken piece for an easy way to prep a vegetable side dish.
Serve with rice, potatoes, salad, naan bread etc.