|10 min||20 min||4|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil (extra virgin)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|2 medium stalk(s)||Celery (with leaves, chopped)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (finely minced)|
|1 medium||Zucchini (diced)|
|1 leaf||Bay leaf|
|1/2 tsp||Salt and pepper|
|1 can (15oz)||Cannellini beans, canned (or other white bean; low sodium; drained)|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, low sodium (drained)|
|8 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium (organic free-range)|
|227 gm||Green/yellow string beans, raw (trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces)|
|284 gm||Spinach (or swiss chard; stems removed and coarsely chopped)|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated (or Romano; optional)|
|1/4 cup||Basil, fresh (or parsley; chopped)|
|1/2 cup||Pasta, Fusilli, dry (optional, or pasta of choice)|
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the oil then add onions, celery, garlic, zucchini, and the bay leaf into the pot. Sauté for 2 minutes, Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 3-5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Next add the cannellini beans, chickpeas, and chicken broth to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
4. Add green beans and cook for 8-10 minutes (until just tender). If using pasta, add with green beans. Stir in spinach to wilt, about 1 minute.
5. Stir in cheese if desired and serve in soup bowls. Top each serving with basil (or parsley).