|5 min||40 min||4|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil (for frying)|
|1 onion(s)||Sweet onion (chopped)|
|2 tsp minced||Ginger root|
|1/2 tsp||Garlic salt|
|1 tsp||Turmeric, powder|
|1 1/2 cup||Red lentils, split|
|4 1/2 cup||Water|
|1 cup||Brown rice, long-grain, cooked (cooked as per package details)|
1. Heat up the oil over medium heat in a large pot.
2. Add the onion and the spices and toss around for a few minutes, until the onion is translucent.
3. Add in the red lentils and the water. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, cut the spinach into strips.
5. When the lentils have dissolved enough to make a nice puree 20 minutes later, turn off the heat and mix in the spinach. Serve over brown rice or quinoa.
Combining your legumes with a grain like brown rice or quinoa - makes a complete protein!
are a great source of protein and fiber which helps to promote healthy digestion!