|20 min||20 min||4|
|1 cup||Basil, fresh (packed)|
|1 chicken breast||Chicken breast, roasted (or shredded)|
|5 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (peeled)|
|200 gm||Pasta, Fettuccine, dry (or use zucchini noodles for a grain free option)|
|3 tbsp||Pine nuts, dried|
|1 bunch||Spinach (stems removed)|
|4 tbsp||Ricotta cheese, whole milk (omit for dairy free)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
1 Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
2. For Pesto: In a food processor, combine the spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt. With the machine running, add the oil in a slow and steady stream; pulsing until smooth.
3. For the Pasta: Cook pasta in the boiling water until al dente. Reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the pasta, then add it back to the pot off the heat.
4. For the Chicken: Preheat oven to 400F. Marinate chicken with salt and pepper, roast in oven for 22-26 minutes - or until internal temperature is 165F. Remove from heat and shred using 2 forks.
5. Immediately add the pesto and chicken, and stir to combine thoroughly. Moisten with 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking liquid, or more, if desired.
6. Serve immediately, drizzled with a touch of olive oil and topped with the cheese and extra salt to taste.
If you want to make this recipe grain free - use zucchini noodles, sautéed in a pan on medium for 2-3 minutes with olive oil
For a dairy free version - omit the feta cheese or crumble vegan feta on top!