|10 min||10 min||2|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|171 gm||Grass-fed beef (cut into strips)|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (cut in hlaf moons)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (remove seeds and cut into strips)|
|1 pepper||Ancho, poblano, pepper|
|1/2 medium pepper(s)||Jalapeno pepper|
|1/4 medium||Zucchini (cut into strips)|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/4 tsp||Red pepper flakes|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|2 tbsp||Salsa, ready-to-serve (for topping)|
|2 tsp||Greek yogurt, plain, fat-free (for topping)|
|1 tsp||Hot sauce (for topping)|
1. Wash, de-stem, and take out the seeds of the bell pepper and poblano pepper. Cut into strips. Cut the jalapeño in half and take out the seeds, then mince.
2. Heat a few tsp. of olive oil in a medium size frying pan and add the steak. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until almost all the way cooked.
3. Remove from the pan, transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
4. Wipe the pan clean and add another few tsp. of olive oil. Saute the onions for 3-4 minutes. Add the bell pepper, poblano, jalapeño and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes (add a few Tbs. of water if the veggies start to stick). Add the zucchini, lime juice, cumin, red pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the steak, reduce to low heat, cover, and cook for a few more minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare 1-2 cups of rice as per package instructions and serve steak and veggies over rice.
7. Top with a spoonful of salsa and Greek yogurt, some cotija, cilantro and hot sauce.
To make this recipe Grain-Free - serve without the rice!
is a great source of protein and high in B12
are a great source of vitamin C