|5 min||10 min||15 min||4|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|2 head||Broccoli, raw (Florets only)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
1. Wash broccoli heads and cut off stalks. Cut into large bite-sized florets.
2. Fill a saucepan with 1 or 2 inches of water.
3. Place the steamer basket or a heat resistant colander in the sauce pan. Make sure the water is close to the bottom of the steamer basket/colander but not touching it.
4. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil. Place broccoli on the steamer basket/colander and reduce the heat to medium. If the water is evaporating too quickly, add more water.
5. The broccoli is ready when it turns bright green and is tender enough to pierce with a fork.
6. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes for crisp-tender broccoli or for about 6-8 minutes for a fully tender broccoli.
is especially rich in vitamin C, folic acid and fiber!