|5 min||5 min||2|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
1. Cut the stems off the spinach bunch and discard (You may leave the stems on for added crunchiness).
2. Clean the spinach thoroughly to remove all sand or dirt.
3. Fill a saucepan with 1 or 2 inches of water. Place the steamer basket or a heat resistant colander in the sauce pan. Make sure the water is close to the bottom of the steamer basket/colander but not touching it.
4. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil. Place spinach on the steamer basket/colander and reduce the heat to medium. If the water is evaporating too quickly, add more water. Steam the spinach in batches if all does not fit in the steamer basket.
5. The spinach is ready when it wilts and turns bright green.
6. Steam for 1 - 2 minutes.
is a very nutrient dense vegetable and is an excellent source of vitamin C and folic acid