|10 min||5 min||1|
|284 gm||Shrimp, raw|
|2 medium shallot(s)||Shallots|
|1/2 bunch||Mint, fresh|
|2 tbsp||Fish sauce|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced or pressed)|
|1/2 tsp||Coconut sugar (optional and to taste)|
|3 tbsp||Walnuts (rough chopped)|
1. Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
While the shrimp cook, start the salad.
3. Make the dressing and salad
In a small bowl, stir together the shallots, fish sauce, garlic, coconut sugar, lime zest, 1 tablespoon (2 TBL) lime juice, and 2 tablespoons (¼ cup) water.
4. In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, shellfish, mango, mint, walnuts, and 1 tablespoon (2 TBL) dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the salad to individual plates and serve the lime wedges and remaining dressing on the side.