|10 min||30 min||8|
|3 tbsp||Coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)|
|2 tbsp||Curry powder|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|1 medium||White onion (diced)|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|3 large potato||Sweet potato (diced - about 3 1/2 cups)|
|2 potato large||White potato (diced - about 2 cups)|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, drained (unsalted, drained and rinsed)|
|1/8 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|1/4 cup||Raisins, seedless (sultana)|
|1 can(s) (15oz)||Coconut milk|
1. In a large pot, combine oil and 2 Tbsp. of the curry powder at a medium heat and cook until fragrant.
2. Add onions and sauté for about 1 minute.
3. Stir in sweet and white potatoes, chickpeas, raisins, cayenne and 1 tsp. of the salt. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk, water and remaining 1 tsp. of curry powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium heat and continue cooking, covered, stirring occasionally to release starches from the potatoes and thicken the curry.
5. When potatoes are cooked and curry has thickened (20-25 minutes), remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
6. Add more salt and cayenne to taste and serve.
are a great source of protein for vegetarians!