|15 min||30 min||6|
|2 medium potato||Sweet potato|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped; green part only)|
|5 medium||Tomato (vine-ripened, chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1 tbsp||Basil, fresh|
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash the sweet potato and cut into disks about 2-3 cm thick.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
4. Coat the sweet potato disks into the coconut oil mixture.
5. Place the sweet potato disks onto the lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Flip the sweet potato disks over after 10 minutes. Turn off oven and remove from heat once done baking.
6. Mix the green onions, tomatoes, most of the balsamic vinegar (save a tiny amount for later) and salt and pepper in a small bowl to make a salsa mixture.
7. Add a small amount of the salsa mixture on top of the baked sweet potato disks. Top each disk with basil and a drop of the leftover balsamic vinegar.