|5 min||25 min||30 min||3|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, drained (drained rinsed and patted dry)|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|2 medium potato||Sweet potato (halved)|
|1 head||Broccoli, raw (chopped)|
|1/2 medium||Red onion (sliced and wedged)|
|2 cup||Kale (larger stems removed)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper (for chickpeas)|
|3/4 tsp||Chili powder (for chickpeas)|
|1 tsp||Cumin (for chickpeas)|
|3/4 tsp||Garlic powder (for chickpeas)|
|1/4 tsp||Salt (for chickpeas)|
|1/2 tsp||Oregano, dried (for chickpeas, optional)|
|1/4 tsp||Turmeric, ground (for chickpeas)|
|1/2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice (for tahini sauce)|
|1 tbsp||Maple syrup (for tahini sauce)|
|1/4 cup||Tahini (for tahini sauce)|
|2 tbsp||Water (hot water to thin, for tahini sauce)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Prepare sweet potato and onion as instructed
3. Arrange sweet potatoes and onions on a bare baking sheet
4. Drizzle both with a bit of oil, making sure the flesh of the sweet potatoes are well coated and placed skin side down on the sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven flip sweet potatoes and add broccoli
6. Drizzle broccoli with a bit of oil and season with a pinch each salt and pepper. Bake for another 8-10 minutes
7. Then remove from oven and add kale. Drizzle kale with a touch more oil and season with a pinch each salt and pepper. Bake for another 4-5 minutes then set aside
8. While the vegetables are roasting, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and toss with seasonings
9. Once the skillet is hot, add 1 Tbsp of oil and the chickpeas and sauté, stirring frequently. If they’re browning too quickly, turn down heat. If there isn’t much browning going on, increase heat.
(I found 10 minutes total at slightly over medium heat was perfect)
10. Once the chickpeas are browned and fragrant, remove from heat and set aside
11. Prepare sauce by adding tahini, maple syrup and lemon juice to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine.
12. Add hot water until a pourable sauce is formed, and set aside.
13. To serve: Slice sweet potatoes into bite size pieces. Divide vegetables between 3 serving bowls and top with chickpeas + tahini sauce.
Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep for a few days in the fridge
To make this recipe "GO BOTH WAYS": Simply swap chickpeas with pulled pork or chicken
you can find chicken recipes @mealgarden
Are an excellent source of fiber, folic acid and manganese
As a good fiber source chickpeas can help lower cholesterol nd improve blood sugar levels
Is especially rich in vitamin C, it contains fiber and a compound called I3C which is important for estrogen secretion
carry unique storage proteins that have antioxidant effects, along with vitamin C
is an excellent dietary fiber and contains a significant amount of calcium, excellent for osteoporosis