|15 min||1 h||4|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium potato||Sweet potato (peeled and diced)|
|1 can(s) (15 oz)||Red kidney beans, canned, drained (rinsed - or 2 cups soaked and cooked)|
|1 1/2 cup||Lentils, red, cooked|
|3 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned|
|1 tbsp||Chili powder|
|3 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 small||White onion|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (diced)|
|1 pinch||Salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and pepper. Saute until onion becomes translucent.
2. Add sweet potato and vegetable broth. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer until broth is absorbed and sweet potatoes are tender.
4. Add the lentils, beans, chili powder and tomato paste and continue simmering 10 minutes.
5. Serve with avocado slices, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
6. To serve: cilantro, fresh lime juice, avocado
are an excellent source of protein and high in fibre, which helps to promote the elimination of toxins!