|15 min||30 min||45 min||2|
|2 tsp||Canola oil|
|1 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|2 tsp||Curry powder|
|1 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|1/2 cup||Green lentils, raw|
|1 medium||Yellow onion|
|1 can (13.5oz)||Coconut milk, reduced fat|
|1 large potato||Sweet potato (peeled, diced)|
|3 cup||Baby spinach|
|1 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, cooked|
1. In a large frying pan over medium high heat add oil and then onions and sauté until soft approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add ginger, garlic, curry powder, cumin, turmeric and salt. Stir and cook another 2 minutes.
3. Add cinnamon stick, coconut milk, water, sweet potatoes and lentils.
4. Cover and simmer on low for approximately 25 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
5. Extra tip - If making ahead of time add spinach - no need to stir. Refrigerate and reheat 10 minutes before dinner.
6. Stir in spinach and cook for another minute until spinach wilts.
7. Serve over rice and enjoy!
are an important source of plant-based protein and are high in fibre which make them good for digestion!
contain beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body which is important for vision health and immunity!