|5 min||15 min||3|
|2 cup||Sweet potato purée, canned (can substitute butternut squash)|
|2 1/2 cup||Coconut milk|
|3 drop(s)||Stevia sweetener, liquid|
|3 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 tsp||Ginger, ground|
|1/2 cup||Coconut flakes, unsweetened|
|3 tbsp||Coconut flakes, unsweetened (for garnish)|
1. In a blender or food processor, place all of the ingredients except coconut flakes and puree on medium-high until smooth.
2. Pour into a saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
3. Make sure to stir often to keep it from sticking and burning.
4. While the porridge is heating, place your coconut flakes in a small frying pan and heat over medium heat, tossing often. The flakes will start to brown. Remove from the heat when they are slightly browned on the edges (but not burnt).
5. Add your toasted coconut flakes into the porridge and stir to combine (reserve a little for garnish).
6. Cook for a few more minutes and remove from heat and serve with remaining coconut flakes on top.
7. This porridge stores well in the fridge or freezer.
contain beta carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body and is important for vision health and immunity!