Sweet Potato Toast with Smoked Salmon & Guacamole
A great breakfast or lunch using sweet potatoes as a base for a delicious and nutritious toast.
1 medium potato
(see notes for vegan option)
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the sweet potato thoroughly, and then slice into 1/4" inch slices (you can use a mandoline slicer). These are your sweet potato toasts.
- Coat both sides of sweet potato toasts with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes (flipping at 20 minutes). At 20 minutes, set oven to broil and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until toasty.
- Remove from oven and set on a plate. Top sweet potato toasts with guacamole and smoked salmon (check notes for vegan option).
- Optional: you can add greens such as arugula, spinach, sesame seeds or avocado slices or sprouts for an extra nutritional boost.
You can make your own guacamole using a Meal Garden recipe, or buy ready-made from brands like Wholly Guacamole.
Use 1/4 cup of canned black beans (BPA free can) in place of salmon.
High in vitamins A, C, B5 and B6. They are also high in fiber and help with blood sugar regulation.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat