|15 min||1 h 5 min||6|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, lean|
|1 medium potato||Sweet potato (peeled, spiralized)|
|1 medium||Zucchini (sliced into 1/2-inch pieces)|
|1/4 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Garlic (minced)|
|1 can(s) (16 oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned (liquid drained)|
|1 small can||Tomato paste, canned|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/4 tsp||Chili powder|
|1 dash||Cardamom, ground|
|1 dash||Oregano, ground|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for sauce)|
|1 cup||Flax milk, unsweetened (for sauce)|
|1 tbsp||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill (for sauce)|
|1 tbsp||Coconut flour (for sauce)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a casserole dish with some olive oil.
2. Heat a large pan over medium heat.
3. Add ground turkey, garlic and onion cooking until browned, breaking up the meat as it browns.
4. Stir in the tomato paste and tomatoes to combine with the turkey.
5. Add sweet potatoes cooking until slightly softened.
6. Place chopped zucchini in a bowl with all seasonings, toss to combine.
7. Layer the zucchini on the bottom of the casserole dish.
8. Top with turkey and sweet potato mixture.
9. Place into oven and bake 15 minutes.
10. While baking, heat a small pot to a boil and add olive oil with almond and coconut flours.
11. Stir for 1 minute until it thickens then reduce to medium high heat.
12. Slowly add unsweetened milk to the pan whisking as you stir.
13. Continue to whisking another 10 minutes until the sauce reduces to half.
14. Remove the casserole from the oven and top with sauce.
15. Bake in oven another 40-45 minutes until the top of the casserole has browned.
16. Remove from oven and top with more spices, then slice into 6 pieces and serve immediately.
is a great source of lean protein which is important for muscle growth and repair!