|15 min||0 min||4|
|3 bunch||Parsley, Italian, fresh|
|1/3 cup||Bulgur, dry|
|4 stalk(s)||Green onion|
|1/4 cup||Mint, fresh (chopped)|
|2 large||Tomato (diced)|
|1 1/2 tsp||Salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|1/4 cup||Lemon juice (to 1/3 cup as needed)|
|1/4 cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
1. Wash parsley well, drain and shake out excess moisture.
2. Soak crushed wheat in water in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Drain well. Set aside while preparing other ingredients.
3. Remove stems from parsley and discard. Chop parsley very fine. Add to wheat.
4. Chop onions fine and add to the mixture along with the remaining ingredients.
(If not serving immediately, do not add tomatoes and onions until just before serving. Toss well)
5. Serve with romaine lettuce leaves, using to scoop up salad for eating.
(Serve with kibbi nayli, hommour bi tahini, shish kabob)