|10 min||20 min||4|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, extra lean|
|1/2 onion(s)||Sweet onion (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Avocado oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/4 cup||Marinara pasta sauce|
|1/4 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1 tbsp||Chili powder|
|1/2 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/2 cup||Frozen yellow corn kernels (thawed)|
|1/2 cup||Black beans, canned (rinsed and drained)|
|1/4 cup||Red onion (chopped)|
|1/2 cup, shredded||Cheddar cheese|
|1/2 cup chopped||Red bell pepper|
|1 avocado(s)||Avocado (cubed)|
|4 leaf||Lettuce, romaine|
1. Heat avocado oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and brown.
2. Add onions and saute for a few more minutes, then add garlic and saute one more minute.
3. Add in the marinara sauce, chicken broth, and stir to combine.
4. Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, sea salt and pepper and cook until stock is absorbed.
5. Stir in the black beans and corn kernels and cook another minute to heat through.
6. Divide among the four Romaine leaves, top with onion, cheese, red pepper and avocado and serve immediately.
is a great source of lean protein!
are a great source of dietary fibre which may help to promote healthy digestion!