|10 min||25 min||8|
|1 package||Tempeh (tempe)|
|1/4 cup||Red onion (roughly chopped)|
|1/2 cup chopped||Carrots (in chunks)|
|1 tbsp, ground||Basil, dried|
|1 tbsp||Oregano, dried|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 medium egg||Egg (beaten)|
|1 tsp||Soy sauce, tamari|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, add carrots, garlic and onion and pulse until chopped uniformly.
3. Break apart tempeh with your hands or quickly chop and add to the food processor.
4. Add the spinach and pulse until the tempeh mixture is combined.
5. Transfer to a medium bowl and add dried basil and oregano, salt and flax seeds. Stir. Then add the egg, tamari and water to create a sticky mixture.
6. Using a ¼ or 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop the tempeh mixture and roll small or large balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, turn and bake another 10 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
Enjoy over zucchini noodles with organic tomato sauce, on a salad or in a sprouted wrap with veggies and kimchi!
is rich in probiotics which help to increase beneficial bacteria in the gut!