|15 min||20 min||35 min||4|
|1 cup shredded||Red cabbage|
|1 cup||Peas Shoots|
|1 cup||Portobello mushroom (sliced)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 package (1lb)||Tofu, regular, extra firm|
|2 tbsp||Teriyaki sauce|
|1 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce, low sodium|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 tsp||Cornstarch (Alternative thickeners: arrowroot or barley flour)|
|1 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped)|
1. Place greased rack in shallow pan or bamboo steamer in wok; pour in enough water to come about 1 inch (2.5 cm) below rack. Cover and bring to boil; reduce heat to medium high.
2. Meanwhile, spread cabbage in 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate; add pea shoots and mushrooms. Cut tofu vertically into 4 slices; place on mushrooms. In small bowl, whisk together garlic, teriyaki sauce, ginger, soy sauce and pepper; drizzle over tofu.
3. Place pie plate on rack in pan; cover and steam until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes.
4. In small saucepan, whisk cornstarch with 1 tbsp. (15 mL) water. Drain liquid from pie plate into saucepan; bring to boil over medium heat, whisking, until thickened, about 1 minute. Spoon over tofu. Sprinkle with green onion.
5. Serve over a bed of parboiled rice.